Our government is the only institution able to make massive changes to the energy infrastructure to prevent our ice caps from melting. They need to know that a strong action on climate is the main concern from the public. Use the resources below to get your voice heard!
1. Find your State representatives here (you will need your ZIP code)
2. Call, email and send them a letter!
3. You can also use this tool by Citizens’ Climate Lobby to send tweets to your local politicians.
Suggested Outline for your letter:
1. Introduce yourself with something about you (age, passions)
2. Mention why you personally care about the ice caps melting
3. Ask them to support legislation to help bring CO2 levels down
4. Ask for a reply!
Also, DON’T FORGET TO VOTE! Once you’re old enough to take part in elections, do your research on the available candidates and make sure you voice your preference for someone who has the climate in mind.